There is no question that digital eye strain exists, its subtle and effects a lot of people. 60.5% of adults experience symptoms of digital eye strain, also called Computer Vision Syndrome. Unless you live screen free, you're susceptible to it. Here are the symptoms and solutions to alleviate it or hopefully prevent it.
Symptoms of Digital Eye Strain:
- blurred vision
- dry eyes
- neck and shoulder pain
Eye Strain Solutions:
- Make use of the 20-20-20 method take 20 seconds to view something 20 feet away, every 20 minutes.
- Eradicate screen glare with less overhead lighting
- Increase the distance between your eyes and the screen, Keep it at arms length. Probably the most difficult rule to follow.
- Enlarge text on the screen
- Get your eyes checked. Uncorrected vision problems can make these symptoms worse.
- Wear blue light blocking glasses